8 ways to get prepared for the upcoming season:
- Officials Certification: Get your officials started on their certification. Many of our certifications begin with an online course, so you might as well get that checked off the list as you wait for the water to warm up again!
- Raise Some Funds: Team up with local restaurants and host a winter fundraising event. Everyone needs an excuse to get out of the house, so why not help your community and your club?!
- Recap Video: Gather all of your fun photos from the past year and create a video. You never know when you might want to share it!
- Get on the Water Events: Schedule your Learn-to-ski clinics and GrassRoots events for the upcoming season. Need help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Does your club have a Facebook page? What about an Instagram account? Twitter? Gain a presence online, recruit new potential members, become an advocate of your community. We recommend getting linked up with Social Media Examiner - get on their mailing list and get free tips and tricks right to your inbox.
- Work Out: Stay active this winter. Find a workout buddy and hit the gym. It will make it much easier to get back into the ski season if you stick to it now!
- Shop for Better Rates: Now is the perfect time to shop for new insurance coverage, whether for your home, auto or boat. GEICO is a USA Water Ski partner and they are offering our members discounts on coverage. Mention USA Water Ski when you get a quote through GEICO to save on your new policy. Current policy holders can also save by mentioning USA Water Ski.
- Give Back: Adaptive water ski clinics are an incredible way to share your life on the water with people who do not have as many opportunities to get on the water. Team up with some other clubs in your area and start the planning early to host an adaptive clinic this summer. It will be an experience that you and your participants will never forget.